Colostomy is an opening in the belly (abdominal wall) that is made during surgery.
Colostomy surgery is done for many different diseases and problems. It surgically changes normal body function to allow stool to pass after a disease or injury. An ostomy procedure like a colostomy will usually require a major adjustment to your activities of daily living. Whether for a short time or the rest of your life, you can cope with your daily routines with help, support, and education from your friends at Florida Home Care.
Our healthcare professionals are here to minimize the risk of complications and support you through
- Assessment of stoma appearance and skin condition
- Positioning of a collection bag or drainable pouch over the stoma
- Empty of drainable pouch or collection bag when there is no more one-third full
- Maintaining skin integrity and function to avoid infection
- Managing of the diet intake
- Daily monitoring risk of complications